Wednesday 22 July 2015

"Every day might not be good, but there is something good in every day."

So, yesterday was not my favourite day. On Monday, I was finally able to complete all the information necessary in order to start teaching in September. I had been waiting on my National Insurance Number which finally came in the mail on Saturday. Monday was really positive. I thought I was finally finished with all the going here and there and everywhere business. I thought we were finally done with spending money on the moving to a new country thing. I was wrong. Yesterday I got an email from my school stating that I now have to have an FBI check done since they can't do a background check on me here since I've only just arrived. I totally get it, however, I figured that since I paid about $4,000 for my visa which states I can work, that I'd be done with all that kind of stuff. They wouldn't have approved my visa application if I didn't have a background check completed and fingerprints done and a zillion other things that cost money. Plus, I wouldn't have been teaching for the past 9 years if I had some kind of criminal record. Whatever. My biggest concern was the turnaround time it takes to get this information back from the FBI. There is an 11 week turnaround with no way to pay extra for it to get complete sooner. When I renewed my passport with my new name, I paid the expedite fee which wasn't cheap but it was worth it to save time. School starts in about 6 weeks. I don't have 11 weeks. I completed the application and will have to pay (of course) for this record check. Today I have to go and have fingerprints done (again and they aren't cheap either) and then I can send it all over to the FBI place in West Virginia. Apparently, as long as I am in the process of having the check completed I will be OK to start teaching in September even if it's not back in time. They suggested that I have the record sent to my parents in SC so that they (my parents) could ship it to me faster with a tracking number. If the FBI people send it to me there is no tracking number and "no promise that it will get here safely." Great. I'll just have my parents help me out with that so that it will get here a little bit faster, even though that is weeks away from happening.

I'm just frustrated. There are so many loose ends and nothing is going smoothly at all. I joined the gym here (It's the best gym ever!) and I've been loving it. Of course, I somehow pulled a muscle in my leg so I can barely walk today. Wah. I know. Just another thing. Once Haydn and I move into our new place in a couple of weeks, I am hoping that things will settle down. Having that looming over us isn't fun. Moving is a lot of work. Our current flat is a disaster. Boxes and things are everywhere. I'll be so glad to move into a bigger space and get everything organised and put away. I'm still living out of suitcases! Not a fan! After we move, I really need to get going with the driving thing. Part of why it stressed me out so much about having to get fingerprints done again (not only the cost) was because of how I am going to get there. I have to take a train and several buses and blah, blah, blah. It's just a different way of living. Everything before seemed so convenient and now I am just trying to adjust to so many different things at once. Thankfully I can walk to the gym  because it's just a 20 min. walk and I walk to town (shops) since they are about a 15 min. walk. Things could be worse. I do realise that. Change isn't easy. I realise that, too. I found this quote and it's pretty accurate to how I am feeling. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment